Friday, May 6, 2011

Beyond Merthod #10

I have never personally used any online conferencing tools, nor has the Carl & Mary Welhausen Library that I am aware of at this time.

The staff and patrons have not expressed a desire to learn this and it is not one of the areas I feel we need to focus on at the moment. I believe this could be a useful tool, but I am not sure how I would incorporate this into our library or if we need it.

My daughter came home last night from college after I had phoned her and said she had a friend whose webcam I could borrow for the weekend. She told me I had to install two things first: Yahoo Messenger, and the disc from the webcam. So, we installed these and then attached the USB cable to the hardrive and the webcam. I then signed into yahoo and then clicked onto Messenger tab, then scrolled down to "My webcam option". My picture came up and she told me to click the broadcast button. My daughter called her friend on the phone and told her I was ready and then when her friend came online , Christina told me to click accept and we were able to view each other. Then we began to type texts back and forth to each other. I think this would have been more fun if I'd have had one of my friends to talk to instead of hers, but it was interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment