Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Beyond Method #4

I loved this!!!! I'm not very good with computers and this really takes the time to explain to the average Joe just how things work, and it explains the terms that people seem to throw around and expect you to understand.

As to the information on how to write resumes and cover letters. I can honestly say I used this process to get the job I now have, as librarian. I didn't know squat, so I just googled " How do you write a resume?" and eventually I stumbled upon the pongo site. I also googled "interview questions" and practiced how I would answer them by writing down the ones I felt would be pertinent to me. So I think I can safely say that I feel a novice could do this with very little knowledge of how computers work.

As to someone who has never been on a computer? I think they would have to be taught a few of the basics first and then they would be able to find their way around.

I will defnitely be using some of these sites with our patrons from now on. I wish I would have had this information when I was seeking a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment